INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM TEACHERS
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Service. We collect personal information you provide to us when creating or using a teacher account. For example, we collect your name, email address, the school where you work, and other information you provide to us on our Service. We may collect credit card numbers if you purchase any ExitTicket add-ons on our Site or the applicable application store. We may also obtain information from other sources, such as your school or district should they choose to create an institutional account, and combine that with information we collect on our Service.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM STUDENTS
Student accounts can only be created by teachers or schools that provide us with the first name, last name, associated school, school ID number, and password for that student user. Students may also add their email and mobile phone number to their accounts and may indicate whether they wish to accept email or SMS notifications from their teacher. We collect some non-personal information from students who use our Service. For example, when a student uses a student account to participate in questions selected by a teacher, we will collect the student answers submitted to such questions. Our Service also may store information about student progress through lesson plans.
Student information is used, processed, and disclosed only:
- to provide students and their schools with the services it requests from ExitTicket;
- and/or as de-identified or anonymized data.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY FROM ALL USERS
When you visit our Site or use our Apps, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, device identifiers, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Service.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or Apps or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- facilitate the creation and security of accounts on our services;
- operate and improve our Service;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Service;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about news about products and services offered by ExitTicket;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- for personal information about students, we will use such personal information only at the request of the school and for no other commercial purposes.
- ExitTicket may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another entity.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ExitTicket takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Although we will exercise reasonable care in protecting your personal information, no company can fully prevent security risks, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ExitTicket by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by contacting us.
Many Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
ExitTicket may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at the following address:
PO Box 488
Kirkland, WA 98083